Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Next Step

Do you remember that Indiana Jones movie where Indiana has to get across the bridge with the unstable stepping stones? He had to take one step at a time and step on the right stone or else the whole thing will collapse. As you watch Indiana Jones take each wobbly step like a little kid learning to walk, you secretly cheer inside knowing that he made the next step and the bridge didn't collapse.

I think that is how Heavenly Father feels. Every time we take that next step, even though it might be a step into the dark, He cheering is us on.

This week, I discovered the next step. And even though I don't know what the step after that will be, I am on a sure stone! And I still have 4 more months to figure out the step after this one! For so long I have worried, stressed, and lost sleep over what direction I want my life to take. But as life always works itself out just in time, I know where I need to be in a few weeks after graduation.

Where will I be, you ask? I got two jobs in Cedar City for the summer! I am very excited about them! Even though it seems like this might be somewhat of a let down after taking My Leap of Faith the last couple months, it is not a let down at all! I have a source of income, in a great place, not too far from home, with plenty of opportunities still to explore! Through my leap of faith, I discovered that I had the courage to take that leap! Even though it didn't generate the results that I expected, it generated the discovery of something I didn't know I had in me.

And isn't that what life is about?! Continually discovering new things about ourselves and learning to be better and taking that next step? Yep. I think so.

With wonderful friends
(Snow College and SUU reunion at Applebees! Vic, Madi, Jena, Darci, Rich, Matt)

and an amazing family

by my side,
like Indiana Jones, 
this girl is ready to graduate in 
exactly three weeks and 
take this next step!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for taking that leap of faith!!!!!!!!!!! Way to be! Even though it wasn't what you expected, I know it'll be the best thing for ya 'cause it's right and every time you choose the right you can't go wrong!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Steph! You are so great and so supportive all the time! Thank you very very much! I am so excited for you too! Congrats on the baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: