Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Can Never Play the "I Have Never Game" Again and Say, "I Have Never Broken A Bone"

I have done more miles than I can count doing this:
(running)

I survived many a crash on this:
(biking my first triathlon a few weeks ago)

I've lived through the great thrill of doing this:
(snowboarding)

And I even made it through this:
(arm injury last summer from wake-surfing and rope accident)

 But I didn't make it through this:
(long boarding last Wednesday)


My first experience with it ended in this:

(Yes, this was still what it looked liked almost a week later...)
Avulsion Fracture aka: where the tendon is ripped away from the bone and pulls and breaks a part of the bone when it rips

And now it's to this:
For 6 weeks.
Kill me.

8 comments:

  1. You know if you bedazzle that boot, maybe it won't be so bad. ;) Good luck, my dear, because that doesn't sound like any fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That looks like it hurts bad! Sometimes adventures can get the best of us but I'm glad you're a willing sport at doing adventurous things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No! So sorry. I guess this wouldn't be a good time to offer a foot massage. But I'd make you a brownie a la mode if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yuck! Sorry to hear it! I guess I'm a bit behind, but at least you're what, half way done now? You'll be better in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...at least you're not pregnant! :) jk fractures always stink, no matter what state the rest of your body is in...
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jena, that looks painful! Owwwch! At least you have a good story out of it! **wink,wink** We need to play before I leave in a little over a month! Congratulations on graduating! You have now completed yet another thing on your list of 100 things! Love you and hope to see you soon! ps. take care of that foot. I hope it heals quickly and well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you thank you!! You all are so so sweet! I am trying to take care of it so it can heal super fast and I can run again...
    You all are so great!
    I'm so glad you can enjoy my adventurous accident stories, however stupid they may be... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm a little late in finding out. That is just no fun, but now you can join all your girl cousins in comiseration of the 'boot'! love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: