Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Busiest Semester of My Life!

Literally. This semester has been absolutely crazy and the busiest of my life. I am taking 18 credits of classes, working over 15 hours a week, training for another ½ marathon, and trying to keep up on a social life. In a typical week, I spend over 35 hours on homework, 20 hours in class, 10 hours exercising, and 50 hours sleeping (this could possibly be the most important aspect because if I don’t get enough sleep, there is no way I would be able to function in everything else). That does not leave a whole lot of time leftover for everything else in between. I tried to take all the numbers and percentages of hours in a week that I spend doing things and it wasn’t all that impressive to look at. But I’m not a math major, so we’ll chalk it up to bad math skills and the many mistakes I probably made in the process. Anyway, I feel super busy all of the time! However, if there are important priorities to take care of, I DO make sure to take time for them (example: religious stuff, friends, family, etc.).
It’s funny because it has been the trend to have one EXTREMELY busy week and then the next week is SUPER slow. Then, the week after that is extremely busy again. Why is that? Can’t it all just even out? The answer my professors would give me is: NO. Absolutely not. We want to test you and torture you to the point of exhaustion where you can’t think straight and everything we boringly lecture about in class is so muddled in your brain that you can’t sleep at night. Then we will test you on it see how much you can sift out of your mud-clogged-brain, put it all on paper in little dots, and then go out and write a 20 page research paper about it all. But make sure to throw in random terms from the required book that catch our eye and make us think you are smart, so we give you full points on it. I want you to think about my class, and my class only. It is truly the only thing that keeps this world spinning. OH! But we do want you to succeed and learn and do your very very best so we can shake your hand at graduation and send you on your way to pass on the wonderful mud-clogged-knowledge we have given you.
Oh the philosophies of a professor!
ANYWAY, it also seems to be the trend that the more I have to do and the more busy I am, the more productive I seem to be. Why is that? Well, even though life is extremely busy, I still make sure to have tons fun. (After all, this is my very last year of college ever!) But sometimes I have to combine the fun with the work. Here are some of the fruits of my labors. Enjoy my ability to be creative in my advertising classes and still get homework done at the same time!
(FYI: not all of these are copy-write legal. But they were only used for assignments in class, therefore I won't get sued or anything. However, there are a few that have been published as legitimate work! Wahoo!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing life you have right now! That's great you're keeping yourself busy! I love being busy; it keeps me out of trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jena! I didn't know that you were doing Graphic Design. I think that is awesome. I absolutely love graphic design and took several GD classes from USU. (However, I couldn't bring myself to change my major and add three years to my college career.)

    I also love your 100 things to do list. I think it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: