Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Season of Changes

A little bit ago, my calendar on my phone went off. This is what the saved event said:
September 2, 2010: What am I doing 1 year from 9-2-09? I have no recollection of putting this in my phone. Sometime last year I must have had some experience where someone asked what I thought I would be doing one year from that day. I have no idea what I said but after glancing back through papers and my journal, this is what I was doing one year ago:

  • I was just starting my first year at Southern Utah University. I was scared out of my mind to be "starting over" again in a brand new city with very few friends.
  • Cedar City felt big to me.
  • I was 19 years old.
  • I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.
  • I had no job and no source of income other than scholarships.
  • I had decided to be a communications major with emphasis in Communication Studies and Public Relations.
  • I had just moved in to a new apartment with complete strangers who have turned out to be wonderful friends! These are those wonderful girls!

One year from September 2, 2009 (aka: today) seemed like such a long ways away. And yet, this day came so quickly. So many many things have happened in the last year that have changed and shaped me and helped me to grow. It wasn't easy but it was well worth it. However, they were so many wonderful and fun times too!

Today, this is what I'm doing:

  • I am starting my senior year as a college student at Southern Utah University.
  • I am still a Communications major but changed my emphasis to Communication Studies and Advertising.
  • I still have no idea what to do with my life but I am trying to figure it out and look at all my options for after I graduate in May.
  • I again moved into a new apartment with all new girls and we are becoming pretty good friends.
  • I have an amazing job on SUU campus as an office assistant in the Vice President's Office.
  • I know what I am doing and where I am going and I don't have to constantly look at a map or ask people to figure out where I'm at.
  • I know a ton of people and have tons of friends around here already! (Definite plus!)
  • I am now 20 years old. No longer a teenager.
  • And life is wonderful!
It is kind of weird to be writing something like this in the fall. Usually these kind of feelings come in January or May. But I love this time of year! I love feeling of change in the air as it starts to get colder and the leaves start to change. Fall is my favorite season! It really is a time for changing and growing and becoming better. It will be great to see where this next year brings me but honestly I have absolutely no idea where that will be! But it is definitely a season in my life for change!
So to all you bloggers out there- what will YOU be doing one year from now?

1 comment:

  1. I hope that from a year from now i will have met my prince charming and be engaged or married....but the lord might feel differently about that...so i guess for now i just hope to be a better person than i am today!!:) Love this post jena:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: