Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An Ode to My Closet

Dear Closet:


Do you see how full you are?
Do you know how much I love shopping?
Do you see how we have a problem?
Do you know that most shopaholic girls would just go buy more hangers?
Do you see how you are chock full and another hanger would not fit?
Do you know that I love having new clothes to wear?
Do you see that I have also bought a lot of the clothes on great sales?
Do you know that you also have to spend money to save money?
Do you see that your hanger rod might come out of the wall someday?
Do you know that all my dresser drawers and under-my-bed-totes are also full of clothes?
Do you see that I have more than 50 pairs of shoes?
Do you know that I pay lots of money for my tiny room and tiny closet?
Do you see how I have to get rid of older-much-still-in-style-shirts in order to fit the new ones?
Do you know that most of the time I don't really even miss those shirts?
Do you see how I have an absolutely first world problem?

Thank you. I appreciate you listening.







3 comments:

  1. So I love this.
    1-I'm bummed you aren't going on the NY trip...we should chat about that

    2-SAN FRAN!! We can test the waters for you and give you all the do and don'ts (okay, probably not all of them...)

    3-I love this. And you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll take all those shirts you wouldn't miss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'll take all those shirts you wouldn't miss! :)

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: