Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas for the Masses

Remember how I got a new job?
Well, guess what? I LOVE it.
Just a little bit lot.

Starting in October, I was thrown into the fire of Christmas planning.
Yes. In October.

Christmas in BYU Athletics is kind of a big deal. And filled with lots of blue, silver, and white decorating. No red. Obviously.

Christmas planning has included:
  • Department Party Planning
  • Christmas Card Creating, Ordering, and Delivering (Total ordered: 6500)
  • Kneaders Christmas Basket Ordering for University Contacts Gifts (Total ordered: 98)
  • Poinsettia Ordering (Total ordered: 60)
  • 12 Days of Christmas Charity Event Planning, Coordinating, and Delivering
  • Athletic Department Gift Decided, Ordered, and Delivered
  • University Gift Delivered
  • Christmas Decorating
Yes. My Christmas has been busy already.
Not to mention a bazillion shopping trips. So many, in fact, that I have no desire to do my own Christmas Gift shopping. My Christmas Gift to you is this lovely blog update on my life. Conceited. I know.
But Merry Christmas.

With all of that ordering, my office, went from bad messy to worse messy.

But the decorating went underway, the cards were created, gifts were ordered, charity money started coming in, and and the poinsettias were delivered and are now dying. Gotta remember to water them...  
And of course major party planning proceeded.

  1. Department Christmas Gift: Large Beach Umbrellas. Ready for the beach anyone? Yes.
  2. Poinsettias
  3. Small Christmas Tree
  4. Office Decorations. Yes. Red. It's Christmas. Get off my back.
  5. Christmas Card
  6. Is decorating always this much of a pain??
The party was absolutely successful!
But wow, our group is growing. An expansion is definitely going to have to happen next year!

Party Decor and Tables:
A BYU Athletic Department completed with 500 Guests, Cosmo, Gingerbread Houses, Coloring, Sugar Cone Christmas Tree Decorating, and Minute to Win It Games.

After weeks and weeks of planning, coordinating, ordering, delivering, and decorating, my office is finally tidy, kind of. I'm almost Christmas-ed out, shopped-out and decorting-out, but boy,
I LOVE my job!



2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm really very proud of you. Neil said he stopped by your office yesterday and I was so jealous. I'm working full time right now and during the break so I won't be able to swing by but I hope you're having fun!! (It looks like you are so I'm not too worried.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have such an amazing life! I love reading all about it! I'm so glad you found a job you love; that's the key to true happiness-doing what you love! It doesn't matter what the job is; as long as you love it, that's all that matters! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: