Please take a European Adventure with me--blogger style!
(Rather than bore you with billions of details, I've just included main events and favorite pics!)
Traveling Day:
Ever flown in a double-decker-ten-seat-across plane? Yep. I didn't think it would get off the ground either. Don't worry though. It did. For 8 hours.
Layover...Waiting...Waiting...Waiting...
Zurich, Switzerland
One word: Bratwurst.
Interlaken, Switzerland
Train Ride up through the Swiss Alps
Ever wondered what is underneath all the snow in the Swiss Alps? Yep. An Ice Palace.
On the tippy top of Europe!
Most beautiful site I have ever seen!
Beautiful Swiss Country
Principality of Liechtenstein
No flag at the Castle? The King is out on "business."
I didn't buy it either. He probably needed a break from his 3 square blocks of land that he reigns over.
I didn't buy it either. He probably needed a break from his 3 square blocks of land that he reigns over.
Bottled water? Nope. Glassed Water.
Innsbruck, Austria
Hotel Neighbors: The Psych Ward. Perfect.
Touring through rainy Innsbruck
Exhausted from touring? Oh! Why not take a break at McDonalds?
Swarvoski Crystal Musem
Weirdest. Place. Ever. Not nearly as cool as it sounds.
Let's just say: dancing mannequin exhibits, Rated-R video clips inside crystal pyramids, crystal jelly fish, etc.
I think I'm scarred for life.
Beautiful Innsbruck
Travel Stop
Couldn't help taking this picture while singing "Climb Every Mountain." Ramseu, Germany
We just happen to stop in this beautiful German village at the time of a funeral. It felt like something out of movie or one of those "pinch me moments" when the church bells started ringing and the funeral procession marched out of the tiny church in their traditional clothing and up the hill to the cemetery all in front a pristine backdrop of the Swiss Alps.
Berchtesgarten, Germany
Lunch by the lake in beautiful Berchtesgarten, Germany.
Salzburg, Austria
Sound of Music Anyone?
This is such a beautiful city!
Unfortunately, my camera battery died after the first day here. I still haven't been able to get pictures from other people, but they'll come!!
Of all the cities that we went to in Europe, Salzburg is the city that I feel like I could actually live in!
Vienna, Austria
Beautiful architecture and history everywhere!
Boating down the Danube Canal. Such a gorgeous day!
On this particular day we found something very special. Ever heard of Portabello Road? (Bedknobs and Broomsticks) Well, we found it. Welcome to a European Flea Market!
It was so amazing and so fun! Oh the possibilities... Coulda spent days there... But seriously.
We may or may not have been given free beer. Welcome to Europe people--no underage drinking.
They just hand it out on the streets.
They just hand it out on the streets.
Europeans enjoy their Amusement parks too. And so do many American Tourists...
Church in Vienna
Prague, Czech Republic
Didn't believe it at first, but as the days went by I came to completely agree that
Prague is the "Most Photographed City in the World."
For my Dad. Oh how he would love this.
It would make touring around a city so much more enjoyable for him!
Oh and we did actually see/play in a few soccer games in Europe.
Between 4 games, BYU Women's Soccer dominated Europe: 31-0.
Nighttime in Prague
And of course we did TONS of shopping!!
We discovered this enchanted cemetery next to our hotel. The history that laid underneath the beautiful foliage was incredible. Like something out of a dream.
And on the final day we took a boat ride.
Made me want to go to Lake Powell. Of course.
Made me want to go to Lake Powell. Of course.
With 3 stamps in my passport, I am now a world traveler.
Check #3: Go to Europe.
And I look forward to another day when an opportunity like this presents itself again.
Maybe it never will. But there is always hope!
Check #3: Go to Europe.
And I look forward to another day when an opportunity like this presents itself again.
Maybe it never will. But there is always hope!






























that just looks like a trip out of a fairytale! i can't believe all the cool things you got to squeeze in just a few days. soooo glad you decided to take the plunge and go on the trip. you're a smart gal. a girl that has seen the world has so much more to offer the world she comes home to. love you jena!
ReplyDeleteWow! What an amazing opportunity you had! Thanks for sharing! I love those pictures esp the snowy mountains! so breathtaking!
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds and looks wonderful. I'm glad you had such a great time.
ReplyDeleteSo. Cool. I miss Europe. Especially that area. It's just so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks so amazing! Someday I'll get there and in the meantime I'll be satisfied by blog posts like this from people I know and love. I'm so happy for you that you got to go! Thanks for posting!
ReplyDelete