Monday, March 26, 2012

For the Love of Changing Seasons

The other day I went for a beautiful run and all of a sudden I spotted these little beauties off in a field behind a house (see #1 below). The owner probably thought I was crazy. The longer I ran, and every run since then, I have noticed more and more that Spring is upon us! 
Oh how I love the change in seasons!!

However, being a Utah-an, I am fully aware that we really don't have Spring. We have Sprinter.

Sprinter = Spring + Winter

Sprinter, Summer, Fall, Winter. Sprinter, Summer, Fall, Winter.

That's how the seasons roll in Utah.

Welcome Sprinter. (My theory is adequately proved by the soft snow that was falling on my way to work this morning.)

As Sprinter as it may be, I will still fully enjoy the beauty of a coming spring.

  1. See above.
  2. Dark early morning runs have been beautifully emerging into daylight the last few days... Love sunrises.
  3. The first flowers I saw this Spring! (At the Provo Temple last week.)
  4. This cute little duck has been hanging out at a creek that I frequently run past. Every time I pass him, I fear that he will peck away my feet. He is actually scared of me--found that out while trying to snap a picture this morning.
  5. This beauty popped up in our flower bed yesterday! I swear it happened in one day! It greets me every time I come home.
Spring also brings the beloved Color Festival.


Our beautiful, chalky, "tan" lines.


This caught my eye on Facebook this morning. So true. ha ha

Welcome Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Classy Comments: