Monday, January 9, 2012

A Country Christmas

That's how I spent my holiday.
In the lovely country.
There's nothing like it. Believe me.
I miss it already.

It started off right with extreme sleigh riding.

Small Toyota Truck + a tow rope + an old car hood + an old car seat + large bolts 
= the perfect sleigh ride. 
almost.

Technically the Country Christmas season started the weekend after Thanksgiving when we traversed through the mountains to find this beauty:
Correction: My DAD traversed through the mountains to find this beauty. Briauna and Mom had broken appendages, Jill kept Dad company, while Kelli and I traversed the OTHER side of mountain thinking that we could find a better tree. Nope. Didn't happen. Maybe next year we'll actually be there to help Dad haul the tree out of the ravine and across the river and up the snowy hillside...

There's no better way to go caroling than on a hayride:

Then, for the first time since I was 3 years old, I got to play Mary in our 
"Reenactment of the Christmas Story." 
Maybe one of these years we'll have a few more wise men instead of wise women!

And then, with the little snow that we had, we again traversed the mountains but this time on machines!

And of course a Country Christmas would not be complete without some ice skating.

But the best part of a Country Christmas was being with my family!

Hope your Christmas was as Happy as Mine!

 

3 comments:

  1. Ummm you have a blog??? Let's be blog friends too (not just co-workers).

    Looks like you had a fun Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. my blog is lisaandthelike.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jena, I was doing a bit of blogging and I came across this blog, and thought of you. http://runforchelsi.com/about.html I know what an amazing person you are, and how much you like to run, and I know you are up in Provo, I thought you might be interested in this 5K. I am so happy that you are getting to have the amazing experiences that you are, I am so thankful to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: