You will never believe what came in the mail the other day.
This beautiful little blue book.
I can now officially get back in the country.
That is, if I ever leave.
Check off #35: Get a passport.
The reason for this, you may ask?
Drum roll please.
Thanks to BYU Soccer I have the incredible opportunity to
tour Europe with the team in April!!
I am so incredibly excited!! 3 Months ago I typed up their itinerary, feeling incredibly jealous and depressed that I wasn't going with. But a few weeks ago, Coach Rockwood told me that if I could fork out $3000, I was so welcome to go with them! Well, after much thinking, praying, and discussing with my parents, I decided it would be well worth it!
Before I talked to my parents about it, a friend asked me what I thought their reactions to it would be.
Dad: If you want to go, go. If you don't, don't. (Simple as that in his mind.)
Mom: Reaction 1: Mm... That's a lot of money and you only work 3/4 time and you just bought a car, etc.
OR
Reaction 2: AWWWW!! I'm so jealous!! I want to come with you!!
The reactions:
Dad: See previous. Dead on.
Mom: See Reaction #2.
Thank goodness I have absolutely wonderful and supportive parents!
Even though I am paying my own way, this will be an opportunity of a lifetime!! (And nothing like previous attempted plans to tour Europe which probably had the potential to end up being made into a "Taken Again" movie. Seriously. Click here to read about "Taken" #1.)
For 12 Days we will tour Austria, Switzerland, and the Czech Republic, play soccer, and have a grand ol time!
So, to any of you bloggers out there who have been to these countries, any suggestions, advice, or just excitement? (I like to hear that too :)




AGH!!! that is AWESOME!!! How exciting. My dad is from Germany, my mom served a mission in Germany, and my dad served a mission in Austria. Neither have been back since. I've always wanted to go to Europe! Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Thats great you can check another thing off your list! You really do have great parents! They are awesome!
ReplyDeleteI'm super jealous and super excited for you! That's so great! I went to Switzerland when I was 12 and it is so beautiful. Someday I'd love to go back and tour around. Ahh! Have so much fun!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDelete