Monday, January 10, 2011

A Landmark Day

Today,
is my last first-day-of-school.

Yes!

I’m graduating in exactly 3 months and 27 days! I am super excited!

So many people have asked me in the last while what I’m going to do when I’m done with school. Well here is your answer:
I DON'T KNOW.

However I do know two things:
1. I’m not going to grad school
and
2. I’m not going on a mission.

Over the last month, the mission thing has been on my mind a lot and a ton of people have asked me if I am going to go. I haven’t really had much of an answer to give them. Until now. I have been praying very hard and pleading with the Lord to give me direction in my life.

I have learned one amazing life lesson.

Last week I was sitting in Emily's (my amazing cousin) missionary setting apart. She is going to be one great missionary! However, I was sitting there, surrounded by all of our family listening to the stake president, when I had this overwhelming feeling that this isn’t for me.

The Lord has amazing plans and blessings for me too but a mission is not one of them.

Now, with firm conviction, I can answer those who have asked. No. I am not going on a mission.
But it’s not because I don’t love the gospel. It’s not because I don’t want to share it with people. It’s not because I’m ungrateful. It’s because it is not where I’m supposed to go come the end of school.
The Lord has something different in mind.

I don’t know what that is. But the great lesson that I have learned is that  
answers come in pieces.
They don’t come in one big sweep. But they are obtained bit by bit. They correct our course in little adjustments and direct us to be where the Lord needs us to be.

I don’t know what the next 4 months will bring. But I have the faith that I will continue to get my answers little bit by little bit. Each of us have a great calling in this life—to be ourselves! To do our very best and live up to our full potential. To let God lead us in the direction and down the path that He needs us to go. It may be unexpected and it may be hard. But it is well worth the effort! The blessings will come back to us and we will recognize God’s amazing love throughout our entire life.

We are not alone and He is there to guide us each and every day in the little steps we take!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! I'm happy for you, and everything you said is so true. How refreshing. :) Good luck with these coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great attitude! There's nothing wrong with not going on a mission; if it's not right, it's not right, but the good news is you can be a missionary and example just as you have been your whole life! There may not be a knowledge yet of what the future will bring but I know it will be a wonderful time for you! Good luck with your last semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a happy thing to know something for yourself! Thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to see what is next for you. Hope you let your admiring aunt be a part of it somehow. Happy finishing school!

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: