Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Coming of Age

In 1.5 weeks I will move from:
  • BYU Athletics Secretary for Soccer, Gymnastics, and Tennis
  • 6 Hour Work Days
  • 30 Minute Lunch Breaks
  • Only 401K Benefits
  • A Cave Office

To this:
  • BYU Athletics Administrative Assistant to the Associate Athletic Director
  • 8 Hour Work Days
  • 60 Minute Lunch Breaks
  • Medical and Dental Insurance + 401K Retirement Benefits + Paid Holidays, Vacation, & Sick Time
  • Legit Office

It's a coming of age. I actually have to be a real adult now with a real full time job.

Feelings:
  • Sad to miss out on day to day interaction with awesome coaches and athletes
  • Man! I'm going to miss my incredible soccer team! (Ranked #4 in the Country!)
  • Gonna have to get more sleep at night so I can actually wake up EARLIER to run... ugh.
  • Super nervous for the overwhelmingness of a new job
  • So stoked for this new opportunity and the adventures it will bring!








P.S.      Dear Future Husband:
                       I can give us awesome insurance, tickets and put you through school if need be.
                       Just thought you'd like to know.  :)

10 comments:

  1. Shut. The. Front. DOOR! That is so AWESOME!! Which associate athletic director are you working for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jena! Yay! You talked to me about this position so long ago. I am happy to hear that you scored (because it is athletics after all) the position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO AWESOME! I am so proud of you! I'll have to come visit you in your fancy shmancy office!! UH! SO EXCITING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! That's awesome. Haha, I like the P.S.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um hello?! where have i been - you have like 4 new posts up since i visited your blog last. i love reading all that you're doing and accomplishing. you are doing some amazing things and really growing in leaps and bounds - i can tell by the way you blog and when we talk and text. gosh i wish i was with you right now to give you a big fat hug! (i would be the fat part cause that's the way my body is growing these days...) LOVES! mwahhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jena! That's a big deal! Good job! If you need a small family to eat up all your benefits I know of one! Just kidding. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Jean! This is fantastic news and I am so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a gorgeous office! Congrats! I love your little note to your future husband-you should show him this when he finds you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Classy Comments: