(**Warning: many words coming. But it's all good. Of course. Why else would I be posting?)
The Sis and I took a fabulous afternoon trip to SLC for a special service project (post coming), and did a little shopping while we were at it.
| Beautiful City Creek Center |
Among many other adventures, work decisions, and sporting events, the weekend quickly came.
In every kind of competition, there is always someone who comes in second place. In general, taking second place is much harder than taking first place (obviously) or third place. Third place is just happy they got in at all, but second place constantly questions themselves and beats themselves up--always wondering if they could have pushed it a little harder, try a little more, or did a little better.
Could they have taken first instead? Yes, a first place winner should have good sportsmanship but,
a second place winner is where true character is shown. A second place winner needs to have the
class and confidence to accept their award, accept it with pride, and then have the drive and determination to change the outcome next time.
After about 3/4 of a mile into it, the adrenaline kicked in and I pounded the pavement all the way to the end to take 2nd place in the overall Female Division! In this situation, although a certain amount of "classiness" was required to take second place, I was more surprised and crazily stoked that I had actually done that good!
What a glorious feeling that is!
It's crazy that even this week, I sort of felt like I needed to change things up in my routine. I was getting in a running slump. And then this crazy weekend comes and my motivation is built up once again!I think that is similar to what happens in life in general. We start to get in a slump, but if we push through, Heavenly Father gives us those glorious experiences that spark our motivation and determination to make our lives the best they can possibly be!
Push through. A glorious moment is coming. Guaranteed.

Love the shirts! cute! congrats on that amazing run! way to go!
ReplyDeleteJena! You are crazy amazing chica! I'm so proud of you. This was such an inspirational post, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAww!! Thank you dear! You are so wonderful! Miss you!!
DeleteLove it. I absolutely, completely and utterly LOVE this post. I love all of your posts but this one struck a cord. You rock.
ReplyDelete