After a wonderful sleepover last night with this pretty girl before she becomes a missionary and after not getting much sleep, needless to say, I didn't really get ready for work this morning--just threw on some jeans (thank goodness for jean Fridays), flip flops (actually not allowed but I totally forgot), a hoodie, and put my hair in a pony tail.
Classic yep-I-didn't-really-care-about-getting-ready-this-morning-look right?
I had to take a few extra things to take to work today so I packed a backpack along. What do ya know when about 20 million more people actually randomly talked to me on way in to work and on my way out. I didn't give it much thought until I tossed my back pack in my car to drive home. And then it hit me--
I looked like a BYU smarty pants student today.
Wow. Woulda thought? The glasses probably added greatly to the smarty pants-ness.
We all know smarty pants go to BYU. But did you know (I found this out yesterday), that the acceptance rate for BYU is now 56%? Or that the average GPA of incoming Freshman is a 3.9 or higher? Or the average ACT score is 28? Yep. All those little Freshman are major smarty pants aka brainiacs.
In almost 9 months of work in high heels and skirts (with the exception of jean Fridays), I only ever got a few "hi's" or smiles or maybe a "how are you doing today?". Is it really that intimidating? Hoodies, jeans and a backpack make me more approachable? Weird.
Moral of the story: wear a backpack to work and don't get ready. Finally. A legitimate reason to explain to my boss.
(No offense intended. Just pure observation.)

Haha hmmm. First of all - amazing prose! Jena you are a fantastic writer! You should write for life. Second - That GPA thing has to be an exaggeration, right? I have graded many freshmen papers up here and a 3.9 is a stretch, I think. Thirdly - I'm thinking that people here just don't really talk much. The worst is when I say hi to people and they ignore me. And at least some of the time they definitely heard me...
ReplyDelete