Yep. Thanks to my new addiction, pinterest, I have become very craft happy in the last few weeks. Here are a few of my lovely creations:
This wonderful and easy art project was quickly gratifying and entertaining because it only took 10 minutes to make! All you need is crayons, an art canvas, glue, a hair dryer, and newspaper.
We, my roommate April and I, decided to get a little bit more creative and try a circular one. It turned out wonderfully! And after putting them all together on our wall with a quote by Scott Adams,
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep."
it significantly brightened up our kitchen and makes for a great conversation piece!
These little beauties were created with the beautiful fall leaves and taken home to my wonderful Mother!
40 of these little beauties were created for a handout from our Relief Society Presidency. Yes, I made them all myself and after I got the hang of (in about 3 flowers) I was sick of making them. I might have to take on a project like that again with the help of someone else!
This is the great poem that came with the handcrafted flowers.
Feel free to use.
These flowers were created for a great purpose but then I didn't end up using them. Until I find a fabulous use for them (which there are really just too many to choose from!!) they will be a decoration on my shelf.
Pressed Flower Love Wedding Gift
My bestest friend is getting married in just 2 days!! And this is the wedding gift that I created for her.
At her bridal shower we gave her 3 red roses and told her to pull the petals off and put them in a bowl. For every petal that she pulled off she had to name a reason why she loves her fiance.
I secretly wrote down everything she said, kept the petals and pressed them, then typed up the reasons why, glued the petals around it and framed the whole thing. We then had her fiance do the same thing.
Neither of them know that the other did it too!
It will be a wonderful surprise and hopefully a wonderful reminder throughout their marriage!
(This was not a pinterest project. This was inspired from a previous bridal shower many years ago!)
And thanks to pinterest, this will probably the beginning of many similar posts.
What a little crafty girl you are! I've been sucked in to pinterest too- I keep thinking that all the crafts I plan on justify my time there, right? :) I especially love your wedding gift- what a cute idea! When William and I got married, Pres. Pinegar told us to do just that- make a list of things we love about eachother. For now those lists are just taped up on the wall, but I love your framed versions. I may have to copy that one! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThose are some sweet projects! I LOVE the pressed flower wedding gift for Ashley and Davis! That is soooo cool, they will LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteWow! What great projects! Awesome job!
ReplyDelete