It is a weird feeling to walk through Wal-Mart and pass all of the Back to School supplies. Shelves and shelves of notebooks, pens, pencils, crayons, erasers, textbook protectors, glue, pencil boxes, lunch boxes, Germ-X, scissors, rulers, markers, binders, and folders.I love fall time. It is my favorite time of year because of the "back to school" and "back in a routine" feelings.
For the first time in 17 years, I am not going "back to school" this fall. Weird.
It brings back a lot of reminiscing moments--walking to school in the crisp morning air, crunching through scattered leaves on the sidewalk, kicking a ball around the soccer field for practice after school, the excitement that fills the air when Homecoming week hits, the craziness/terrified-ness of moving to college, the feeling of a fresh start, buying notebooks, pens, and school clothes, the joy of meeting many new friends and best of all--having a new adventure.
One of these days I am going to figure out what the next chapter and the next adventure of my life will be. But for now, if you see me crying in the notebook isle of Wal-Mart, don't be worried.
It's just the Back to School Woes.
It's so crazy how they have back to school stuff so early; just a reminder that summer's almost over. I bet it's a weird feeling not going back to school but what a nice feeling to be done!
ReplyDelete